snmp programming help

Post by Sushant Gargy » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I want to "dirty" my hands with snmp programming.
I have a linux box with all development programs and NT machine connected
via a lan. On NT as well as Linux, I'm running snmp.

From what I understand, with snmp you have client/server model.
One machine would run the snmp server and then the clients would
then connect to it and get remote-information; correct?

I need a "kick" start. I wouldn't mind being spoon-fed :)
What applications could I use in linux or nt to write my first "helloworld"
program.

Any help would be appreicated.

Please respond personally, as I seldom visit usenet.

Thanks
Sushant