MRTG 2.7.5 problems

Post by cor.. » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I'm running RedHat 6 and trying to get MRTG 2.7.5
to run. I have compiled the prog correctly and
pulled the required config files off of another
linux box which this one shall be replacing. Upon
trying to run './mrtg mrtg.cfg' I get an error
about an outdated SNMP_Session.pm file, yet can
find no other file by that name. Any suggestions?

Tyler C. Hayward
Computer Information Systems
Northland College

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

MRTG 2.7.5 problems

Post by Stephen Carvill » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I'm running RedHat 6 and trying to get MRTG 2.7.5
> to run. I have compiled the prog correctly and
> pulled the required config files off of another
> linux box which this one shall be replacing. Upon
> trying to run './mrtg mrtg.cfg' I get an error
> about an outdated SNMP_Session.pm file, yet can
> find no other file by that name. Any suggestions?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but...

I have had problems with the 2.7.X releases of MRTG too.  I finally just
stayed with 2.5.4 FTTB and started migrating my charts to Cricket
(http://www.munitions.com/~jra/cricket/).  It is a much better package if
you have lots of devices to monitor.

--
Stephen Carville

It's all right to have geniuses build systems for use by idiots, but
the path from laboratory to marketplace needs to go through the
proving ground of prudent engineering.
                                        Peter Coffee

MRTG 2.7.5 problems

Post by Han Lia » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I had the same problem before when I tried MRTG 2.7.2 in QNX4.

It was caused by the PERL. It was not up-to-date. So please check your PERL.

Now I am running it in RedHat 5.2. Everything is fine.

Regards
Han Liao
ANCA Pty Ltd
System Administrator, CNE, MCSE

>I'm running RedHat 6 and trying to get MRTG 2.7.5
>to run. I have compiled the prog correctly and
>pulled the required config files off of another
>linux box which this one shall be replacing. Upon
>trying to run './mrtg mrtg.cfg' I get an error
>about an outdated SNMP_Session.pm file, yet can
>find no other file by that name. Any suggestions?

>Tyler C. Hayward
>Computer Information Systems
>Northland College

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. MRTG - libgd - rateup problem

Hi there !

I've a OpenBSD 3.0 box whith gd-1.8.3, png-1.0.12 and jpeg-6b built from the
ports tree.

With the following mrtg configure, there were no problems during compile.

./configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib \
            --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include \
            --with-png-lib=/usr/local/lib \
            --with-png-inc=/usr/local/include \
            --with-z-lib=/usr/local/lib \
            --with-z-inc=/usr/local/include

BUT when I am running rateup I got the following error Message:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_jpeg_resync_to_restart" in
rateup:/usr/local/lib/libgd.so.18.3

Is there anybody out there, who figured out how to get this work??

cu
Robert

2. Obtaining process Resource Usage Information

3. MRTG installation problem (SNMP Error) Help

4. stty reports rows & cols -sometimes

5. GD and MRTG? what's the problem?

6. Getting Process Name

7. mrtg/snmp problem

8. xcd for DEC Alpha/OSF 3.0

9. MRTG PRoblem

10. mrtg-Problem with ISDN-Line

11. Mrtg Problem

12. MRTG: Where is the problem? GD or snmpd?

13. graphical interface for MRTG