Having problems with SMC EtherPower II...

Having problems with SMC EtherPower II...

Post by Junzheng Ma » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am installing  RedHat Linux 5.01 on my computer. My network card is
SMC EtherPower II,
the module is not in the provided list, so I download a driver for this
card.

But can anyone tell me how to compile and install this driver to make
the card work?
It is really a pitty having a Linux without network!

Thanks!

Post by Eibo Thiem » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> But can anyone tell me how to compile and install this driver to make
> the card work?

I presume you are using the driver by Donald Becker. If I remember correctly
you will find the compiler call as a comment in the source code.

eibo

1. Problem with Redhat 6.1 / SMC Etherpower II on Dell 2400

hi all,

excuse for my poor anglish :)

I have some problem with dual port card SMC9334BDT
I take a stange mac adress on one of two port in my cards.
and the card don't work.

I have try card on antother platform ( HP on Redhat 6.1.. this configuration
work fine !!!)

I have try some new tulip drivers but this changhe nothing.

I think the problem is perhaps on the DELL 2400.
Have you info , feedback or idea for resolve the problem ?

thx a lot

Fabrice

2. Modem won't dial...

3. eth0 detection problems (RH7, SMC EtherPower II PCI (9432))

4. How many nfsd's do you run?

5. Problems with SMC EtherPower II

6. Michael Brown, does any know who he is?

7. Problem with SMC Etherpower II + kernel newer 2.4.2

8. Keymappings in X

9. Problem with an SMC EtherPower II 10/100

10. Ethernet card detection problems (RH7, SMC EtherPower II PCI (9432))

11. Problems with the SMC 9432TX EtherPower II

12. SMC EtherPower II problem

13. SMC EtherPower II Problem