Fernwartung eines Rechners, wie macht man das ?

Fernwartung eines Rechners, wie macht man das ?

Post by Stefan Jacob » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hallo,
ich m?chte gerne eine Telnet- o.?. Verbindung zwischen zwei Rechnern
aufbauen. Beide Haben eine ISDN Karte. Wie mach' ich das ? Telnet im
jeweiligen LAN l?uft bei beiden Rechnern eiwandfrei, aber wie bringt man den
Rechnern bei, eine ISDN - Leitung zu nutzen ?

Vielen Dank         Stefan

Post by x_.. » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hallo,
> ich m?chte gerne eine Telnet- o.?. Verbindung zwischen zwei Rechnern
> aufbauen. Beide Haben eine ISDN Karte. Wie mach' ich das ? Telnet im
> jeweiligen LAN l?uft bei beiden Rechnern eiwandfrei, aber wie bringt
man den
> Rechnern bei, eine ISDN - Leitung zu nutzen ?

> Vielen Dank         Stefan

First of all I want to remind you, that this NG is english spoken!
I think, there are lots of people out there who dont speak german but
are also interested in your problem and the matching solution.
Now to your request:
You will have to set up the ippp0 device on both boxes (configured for
dial on demand). then youll need a ppp-server on the box, which you
want to connect to. Then configure your isdn-log (read
/usr/doc/packages/i4l/isdn-log!), so that the remote box takes the call
and automatically starts pppd. Edit the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets on the
server and create a new connection on the client.
In the end, you should be able to dial into the other box....

Alternatively this should also work without ppp via a the isdn0 device.
This uses a raw-IP connection. But sorry, dont know how to configure
this......

-XoF-

---> man pppd
---> networking-HowTo
---> i4l documentation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Volker Wido » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hallo,
> ich m?chte gerne eine Telnet- o.?. Verbindung zwischen zwei Rechnern
> aufbauen. Beide Haben eine ISDN Karte. Wie mach' ich das ? Telnet im
> jeweiligen LAN l?uft bei beiden Rechnern eiwandfrei, aber wie bringt man
> den Rechnern bei, eine ISDN - Leitung zu nutzen ?

if both computer work under linux i suggest a raw-ip connection.
in this case you only have to set up the device (read the
isdnctrl-man-page) and set the right routings on the compuers.
if you only want one terminal you may also set up mgetty on an ttyI-dev.
here you can connect to your compuer over an terminalapplication.

   volker
--
Volker Widor  -  Harmsstr. 125  -  D-24114 Kiel
Fon.: +49 431 2214073  Mobil: +49 179 3901852

Key fingerprint = D8 DB AE C9 CF 0C AA 25  E3 36 22 E5 41 74 AA 3F