Does anybody knows NS-2 simulator?

Post by Ice » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:43:46

Hi everybody!
I'm a "newbie" student of ns-2, making a homework for the University. My
question is: if a TCL script for a simulation has a random source of
traffic (like Exponential), if I repeat the simulation more times have
the trace files to change?
I repeated 10 times but trace file remains the same, same events at the
same time :(

THNX a lot

Ice

1. Anybody know of a good 802.3x Ethernet simulator?

I'm currently looking into modifying the pause protocol a bit for 802.3x
Ethernet switches and am wondering if anybody knows of a good freely
available simulation of a full-duplex Ethernet switch... My current choices
are either to use OPNET, which is somewhat expensive and which I have some
reservations about, or to try and write my own from the base up, which would
require months of verification to be sure that I was writing something
reasonable.

I just want some ideas of what other people out there are using before I go
and try to reinvent the wheel.

Tim Gaastra

2. /home?

3. FC4 and NS (network simulator)

4. Brooktree 878 & SUSE

5. NNTP over SSL, port 563, anybody know, anybody hear

6. Automatically source routing packets

7. How to register an IP address (with the proper authorities...)

8. to know DOS is to know Unix?

9. ** HAS ANYONE A DOS-SIMULATOR **

10. Wabi Dos simulator

11. RAM's: EDO, Parity, 60 ns, 70 ns