network/application troubles

Post by Richard Scott Gra » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

My system is a single use user system, however I think my problems are
network related.  If I'm connected to my ppp-client, then I can't lanuch
certain applications.  These are:

netscape,
pine,
xemacs.

If i disconnect and then try to lanuch any of the above then they will
start right up.  For instance, if i type xemacs now that i'm connected
it won't startup until I terminate the ppp connection.  I must also
start netscape prior to connecting to my ppp-client.  It hasn't been
like this.  I'm sorry but I'm totally lost as to what I've done to cause
this problem.  Regardless, it is something i've done.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks,
--
Scott Gray

1. network/application troubles

[...]

2. Can't download Apache -> Win2K

3. help i have trouble with x applicationhelp i have trouble with x application

4. dip doesn't hangup modem

5. Troubles with ATAPI CDROM driver and weird network troubles <tulip card>

6. Searching for a UNIX FAXing program.

7. Troubles of running remote X applications with Red Hat Linux 7.2

8. rexec in Unix ShellScrips/CGI apps

9. help i have trouble with x application

10. Trouble building KDE applications

11. Trouble with SVGA lib application

12. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

13. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?