Sportster problem under Linux

Post by wokmaste » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am having problem's dialing out in Red Hat 6.0 with my USR Sportster 56k
Faxmodem (internal PNP). I set it up in modemtool and then go to netcfg just
to see if it will dial, i set the DNS's and everything, and create a new
interface (or dialing account or whatever), and when I hit active, nothing
happens. It just sits there, please help.

Thanks,
Wokness

Sportster problem under Linux

Is it a winmodem?

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I am having problem's dialing out in Red Hat 6.0 with my USR Sportster 56k
>Faxmodem (internal PNP). I set it up in modemtool and then go to netcfg just
>to see if it will dial, i set the DNS's and everything, and create a new
>interface (or dialing account or whatever), and when I hit active, nothing
>happens. It just sits there, please help.

Did you set it up with isapnp (pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf and edit that)?
If it uses a non-standard irq, did you tell Linux about it with a
setserial line in /etc/rc.d/rc.serial?  Can you get a response to AT codes
or dial out from minicom?

--

http://www.de-srv.com/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~cv-elgin/

1. Sportster modem problems on Linux boxes?

Hello,

I'm going to buy an external 33.6k modem sometime soon to be
used with a Linux/X Windows machine. I've been reading much on
comp.dcom.modems about a "pausing" problem with the new external
33.6k US Robotics Sportster modem. I was wondering if this
problem has been cropping up in the Linux/X Windows environment
too.

Thank you,

Greg Walker

2. ipfilter

3. USR Sportster / Redhat Modem Problem

4. Lastest version of XFree86 Trident TGUI compatible?

5. problem with dialing on sportster

6. (sh) Using sed to remove multiple blank lines

7. Problem: USR Sportster 33.6 Internal

8. Printing from NT: Odd error...

9. USR Sportster Winmodem problem

10. USRobotics sportster 28.8/33.6 internal (problem)

11. Having problem with PCMCIA and USR Sportster PCMCIA modem

12. Problem with USR Sportster 36.6 setup, funny connect for in coming calls

13. Problems with efax and USR Sportster/Motorola Lifestyle modems