ANNOUNCE: PPTP Masquerade kernel patch

Post by John D. Hard » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Sorry I haven't announced this here yet - I've been busy mostly on the
Masquerade mailing list...

I have written a kernel patch for 2.0.30+ that enables masquerading a M$
PPTP client.

Anyone interested in doing this should take a look at
http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/ip_masq_pptp.html

   PGP fingerprint: A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
   finger for PGP key             Linux: the choice of a Gnu generation
   48 days until In The Beginning + The Gathering

1. PPTP/GRE masquerading in kernel 2.4.18 changed (since kernel 2.4.10)?

For my SuSE Linux 7.3 machine (kernel 2.4.10) it was necessary to use some
extra iptables commands to enable access to a VPN server in the internet
from a PC behind the linux firewall (masquerading), because the GRE packages
(protocol 47) were not returning to the PC.

With the new SuSE Linux 8.0 (kernel 2.4.18) I realized, that this is not
necessary any more; the masquerading seems to be able to do this VPN
passthrough without any further configuration.

Does anybody know about this change? Was the kernel or iptables changed for
enabling this? I didnt find any comment regarding this topic.

Best regards,
Thomas.

2. Backup Problem

3. PPTP masquerade patch update

4. Problems using SWAT

5. PPTP Masquerade and Netbios Masquerade

6. "Ethernet PROM CRC error"?

7. IP Masquerading of PPTP under Kernel 2.2.19 and 2.4.x

8. ATI XPERT 128

9. Finding VPN Masquerade's IPSEC & PPTP kernel modules?

10. PPTP kernel patch

11. PPTP patch for 2.2.5 kernel

12. 2.4x Kernel Patch for pptp under iptables

13. PPTP - kernel config and patch issues