pppd: Couldn′t find interface ppp0

Post by pinsk » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi folks,

I have a SuSE Linux 6.4 Distribution, and my internet connection via kpp

wont work. I also tried wvdial. Its the same.
When I start kppp as regular user I get the message

    Couldn't find interface ppp0: Kein passendes Ger?t gefunden

Then kppp trys to connect and after a while I get the message

    May 31 10:54:56 bartman pppd[427]: pppd 2.3.11 started by pinsky,
uid 500
    May 31 10:55:13 bartman pppd[427]: Terminating on signal 15.
    May 31 10:55:13 bartman pppd[427]: Exit.

Anyone knows how to help me?

Thanx in advance
  Timo

Post by Walter L. William » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Hi folks,

> I have a SuSE Linux 6.4 Distribution, and my internet connection via kpp

> wont work. I also tried wvdial. Its the same.
> When I start kppp as regular user I get the message

>     Couldn't find interface ppp0: Kein passendes Ger?t gefunden

> Then kppp trys to connect and after a while I get the message

>     May 31 10:54:56 bartman pppd[427]: pppd 2.3.11 started by pinsky,
> uid 500
>     May 31 10:55:13 bartman pppd[427]: Terminating on signal 15.
>     May 31 10:55:13 bartman pppd[427]: Exit.

> Anyone knows how to help me?

> Thanx in advance
>   Timo

I personally have not been successful in using these dial out
programs. I still like the ole pppd. I find it easy to setup and
use. I am able to setup KDE icons to turn on and off the ppp
link. I cut and paste the scripts out of the "PPP Howto" change
the appropriate info and a coupe permissions and off I go
surfing through *space with my simi-trusty Netscape
browser. Try using the using the good ole trusty pppd, I
think you will like it.

Walt in Colorado

1. pppd does not up the interface ppp0

Hi,

This is the only problem I've ever had that I couldn't solve in a couple
of days. I used to run Slackware 3.x and I recently installed 7.0. I
setup everything basically the same as I had on the old setup (as far as
the network goes). But now, when I connect to my ISP via an external
56.7 USR, pppd does not automatically up the interface. I either have to
up the interface manually and add the routing information manually, or I
can sit there waiting to enter "ifconfig ppp0 up" as soon as it connects
so I at least don't have to add the routing information. It is pppd that
ups the interface no? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Charles

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Port Mapping

3. pppd does not set ppp0 interface

4. Solaris 8 Install error

5. pppd can't configure my ppp0 interface !?!

6. RPM

7. error: cannot find ppp0 interface

8. looking for Internet & UUCP how-to document

9. Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

10. Can't find interface ppp0: no such device

11. Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

12. cannot find interface ppp0

13. couldn't find interface ppp0: no such device