dancing the samba

Post by fjab » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

As so may peaple I am strggling with samba.
Someone gave me his samba.conf and now I can contact the server (RH 6.0)
from my W2K computer and my W98 computer.
The next problem is how to print a document.
When I look at my configuration on RH 6.0 with printtool I see lp (/dev/lp
and /var/spool/lpd/lp)
Do I have to make a sambaprinter too before I can print via RH 6.0 or is
simply an adjustment within smb.conf enough to make the w2k and w98 computer
print?
And if it is to what printer do I have to point?

On my w2K and w98 computer I have to install a printerdriver. Do I use a
network printer or do I just  a local printer redirected to
\\server\var\spool\lpd\lp?
Now it is not working and I get the message: can't make a printjob or
something like that.
Where does it go wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Franklin

dancing the samba

Post by fjab » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

problem already solved!!!!

thanks

Quote:> Hello everyone,

> As so may peaple I am strggling with samba.
> Someone gave me his samba.conf and now I can contact the server (RH 6.0)
> from my W2K computer and my W98 computer.
> The next problem is how to print a document.
> When I look at my configuration on RH 6.0 with printtool I see lp (/dev/lp
> and /var/spool/lpd/lp)
> Do I have to make a sambaprinter too before I can print via RH 6.0 or is
> simply an adjustment within smb.conf enough to make the w2k and w98
computer
> print?
> And if it is to what printer do I have to point?

> On my w2K and w98 computer I have to install a printerdriver. Do I use a
> network printer or do I just  a local printer redirected to
> \\server\var\spool\lpd\lp?
> Now it is not working and I get the message: can't make a printjob or
> something like that.
> Where does it go wrong?

> Thanks for your help.

> Franklin

dancing the samba

Post by David Dav » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What did you use to edit Samba? I'm trying to set up Samba myself and have
run into a wall (called lack of experience).

Thanks
David

> Hello everyone,

> As so may peaple I am strggling with samba.
> Someone gave me his samba.conf and now I can contact the server (RH 6.0)
> from my W2K computer and my W98 computer.
> The next problem is how to print a document.
> When I look at my configuration on RH 6.0 with printtool I see lp (/dev/lp
> and /var/spool/lpd/lp)
> Do I have to make a sambaprinter too before I can print via RH 6.0 or is
> simply an adjustment within smb.conf enough to make the w2k and w98 computer
> print?
> And if it is to what printer do I have to point?

> On my w2K and w98 computer I have to install a printerdriver. Do I use a
> network printer or do I just  a local printer redirected to
> \\server\var\spool\lpd\lp?
> Now it is not working and I get the message: can't make a printjob or
> something like that.
> Where does it go wrong?

> Thanks for your help.

> Franklin

dancing the samba

Post by K-A Feuch » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

use
    printers = yes

in smb.conf

man smb.conf will help

karl-anton

> What did you use to edit Samba? I'm trying to set up Samba myself and have
> run into a wall (called lack of experience).

> Thanks
> David

> > Hello everyone,

> > As so may peaple I am strggling with samba.
> > Someone gave me his samba.conf and now I can contact the server (RH 6.0)
> > from my W2K computer and my W98 computer.
> > The next problem is how to print a document.
> > When I look at my configuration on RH 6.0 with printtool I see lp
(/dev/lp
> > and /var/spool/lpd/lp)
> > Do I have to make a sambaprinter too before I can print via RH 6.0 or is
> > simply an adjustment within smb.conf enough to make the w2k and w98
computer
> > print?
> > And if it is to what printer do I have to point?

> > On my w2K and w98 computer I have to install a printerdriver. Do I use a
> > network printer or do I just  a local printer redirected to
> > \\server\var\spool\lpd\lp?
> > Now it is not working and I get the message: can't make a printjob or
> > something like that.
> > Where does it go wrong?

> > Thanks for your help.

> > Franklin

1. Can't dance the samba

What NICs are you using?  If they are DEC tulip based, try rebuilding your
Linux Kernel with the latest and greatest version of tulip.c.  look for
tulip.c in /usr/src/linux and read the date info at the top.

Just a hunch.

Norm

                            Norman M. Jacobowitz

O/S:            Linux           http://www.linux.org/
Ride:           Yamaha XT 225   http://www.yamahausa.com/mc/dp/dps.html

2. adding second modem

3. Dancing the Samba with WP and an Epson Stylus Color

4. Yard 1.5 - creates and checks custom rescue disks

5. My question has still not been answered.Dance..Dance...Dance...

6. What does it take to run Linux?

7. samba is dancing samba

8. semctl

9. Dance RatSkink Bojangles, Dance LIAR..........

10. Newbie loves Linux, but can't get samba to dance......

11. Linux and Win98 dancing Samba

12. Dancing Samba with a Rogue

13. Who wants to teach how to make Samba dance...