Howto terminate slip gracefully

Post by pi » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

My configuration consists of a Cyrix 6x86 P150+ running linux 1.2.13
connected to an old 386DX40 running linux 1.2.13.
The machines are connected via a null-modem cable.

I configured the Cyrix as slip server (with sliplogin) and can setup
a slip connection using diald on the DX40 side.

However when I close the slip session and then want to bring it up again
the connection script failes because the first sliplogin is still
active.

My question is: How do I terminate the slip session gracefully so that
                the sliplogin will die and the server is ready for
                another slip session (or other use of the serial connection) ?

I have read the man pages and the howto's and the faq's but...
The NET-2 howto section 12.2.1 mentions slip.logout called after a user
has hung up or logged out.* up is when using modems but how is a
slip session logged out ???

Clues? Tips? Pointers?

Thanks for your time !

Pim.

Post by Pim Boll » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

[...]

1. Terminating gracefully

I am writing an application in c (gcc) that is to be used by remote users
telnetting in.  Is there a way to detect when users abrubtly log off and
terminating gracefully instead of hanging or crashing?

Thanks,
Bob Syristatides

2. Installing Warp after Linux?

3. How can I kill SLIP gracefully????

4. printing barcodes from aix spooler

5. Killing SLIP gracefully?

6. 3com NIC card

7. Killing SLIP gracefully? PAGE 2

8. Help NNTP news for TCPIP

9. SCSI: HowTo terminate multiple int drives?

10. How do I terminate a slip connection?

11. TERMINATING SLIP Connection

12. Having a SLIP connection terminate after no TCP/IP activity

13. Terminating parent vs terminating children