Would now like to install network configuration

Would now like to install network configuration

Post by fcont » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I would like to install my linux (mklinux) box's network configuration.
Earlier I installed mklinux but bypassed the network config stuff. How
do I get to install the network tcp ip and all that stuff?

1. Network Configuration install screen

I'm setting up RH 7.3, first time install.  The machine is on a small
network connected to the outside through a Linksys BEFSR41
router which also acts as the DHCP server for the network.

When I get to the "Network Configuration" screen during setup, it
correctly shows the one NIC as eth0.  The "Configure using DHCP"
box is checked by default, and all the text fields are disabled.  I
cannot even enter the hostname and gateway fields -- both the top
and bottom blocks of fields are off.  Only by unchecking the DHCP
box can I even enter the hostname.

Is this behavior correct?  How can I enter a hostname, gateway,
and DNS IP's and still use DHCP?
Frank

2. PAD/X.3/X.28 standards

3. Installing Linux from FTP: Problem with the network configuration.

4. Need help with sound configuration ( Alsa cs461x )

5. network configuration - how do I see a solaris 8 box from my windows network?

6. Can't ping out ... with Debian

7. Connecting to the @Home network/General network configuration

8. Adaptec 2842VL support?

9. e-mail configuration main network and connecting network has same Domain

10. how to upgrade a Linux distribution so PERL's DBI likes it?

11. Will GNUtella kills off Yahoo and the likes?

12. Help-PC likes linux so much won't run DOS

13. Allchin backtracks, now likes open source