vsFTPd - Problem setting root folder for all users

vsFTPd - Problem setting root folder for all users

Post by Bob_Walke » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:22:22

I am trying to set a a folder /home/ftp that will be the main folder when
anyone logs on to the ftp.  Anonymous = no.  I have users set up in RH9 and
I made their home directory /home/ftp.  I changed the permission on the
folder /ftp to 777.

When a user attempts to log on, the password is not accepted.  What have I
done wrong?

WinSock 2.0
Connecting to Local Linux
Connected to skunkwerkz.dyndns.org Port 21
220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
USER techuser
331 Please specify the password.
PASS (hidden)
530 Login incorrect.
Connection failed
Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

vsFTPd - Problem setting root folder for all users

Post by Bob_Walke » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:14:46

OK, I got tech user to log in correctly.  I made a directory /FTP and
created a series  of users who's home directory is /FTP. I want to make /FTP
the root for the FTP.  Right now, when techuser logs in, /FTP is the home
directory, but tech user can get to ETC, BIN and any other directory by
browsing up.  How can I prevent this?

Quote:> I am trying to set a a folder /home/ftp that will be the main folder when
> anyone logs on to the ftp.  Anonymous = no.  I have users set up in RH9
and
> I made their home directory /home/ftp.  I changed the permission on the
> folder /ftp to 777.

> When a user attempts to log on, the password is not accepted.  What have I
> done wrong?

> WinSock 2.0
> Connecting to Local Linux
> Connected to skunkwerkz.dyndns.org Port 21
> 220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
> USER techuser
> 331 Please specify the password.
> PASS (hidden)
> 530 Login incorrect.
> Connection failed
> Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

1. vsFTPd - Problem setting root folder for all users

I am trying to set a a folder /home/ftp that will be the main folder when
anyone logs on to the ftp.  Anonymous = no.  I have users set up in RH9 and
I made their home directory /home/ftp.  I changed the permission on the
folder /ftp to 777.

When a user attempts to log on, the password is not accepted.  What have I
done wrong?

WinSock 2.0
Connecting to Local Linux
Connected to skunkwerkz.dyndns.org Port 21
220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
USER techuser
331 Please specify the password.
PASS (hidden)
530 Login incorrect.
Connection failed
Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

2. Linux and cable connections. Interesting problem

3. Problem setting common root folder vsFTPd

4. pcnfsd src wanted

5. Cyrus IMAPd can't create folders in root of users mailbox

6. 3310 - single or dual controllers ?

7. Pine: Folder Lock/Read Only for "users" (not root)

8. Sendmail Problem?

9. root user can not create folder under /usr/local

10. vi does not work in one folder 2) to set root pwd.

11. Make user settings similar to root setting

12. What setting do I need for the /var/spool/mail/USER folders?

13. vsftpd with ssl - vsftpd.user_list not working