some clients don't work connecting to proftd

some clients don't work connecting to proftd

Post by D. Alvara » Mon, 17 Mar 2003 05:40:05

Hi,
   I'm running a Mandrake 8 Linux server with ProFTPD as the ftp
server.  That is behind a router/firewall that only allows access to
ports 21, 22, and 80.  Oddly, when I try to ftp into my server through
Mac Fetch or PC WS_FTP, both in passive mode, I can get login
authentication, but then both applications time out with the message
"Retrieve of folder listing failed."  However when I am logged to my
Solaris server at work and connect through command line ftp calls, I
can manuever freely through ftp (e.g. login, get and put files onto my
Mandrake server, etc.).

    My question is, how can I connect through the Mac and Win Ftp
clients and why does the Solaris "ftp" command work when the others
don't?

Thanks in advance, Dave

1. X11R5 clients don't work with unix domain sockets

 I've compiled and installed X11R5 on our RS6000 320H (AIX 3.2.1), and it worked
fine. Then I messed up with some InfoExplorer databases and reinstalled some of
the packages from the install tapes. Now X11R5 clients fail to open display
unix:0 while local:0 (and of course localhost:0 and `hostname`:0) work fine.
AIXwindows clients work with both the original and the X11R5 server, so I guess
it's not a problem of unix domain sockets in general.
 Did anyone encounter the same problems? Or better yet, does anybody know what
I may have messed up?

Thnx, Andy

   Germany           !  Doogie Howser, M.D. !  Voice: +49 721 84 10 36

2. Interface compatible to IEEE 488

3. HOSTNAME DON'T WORK IN DHCP CLIENT WIN98

4. Suns 4th Quarter

5. My IP clients don't work!

6. real time linux (rtlinux):install help needed

7. ICQ clients don't work in Linux with ICS

8. Graphics User Interface in Linux

9. dhcrelay is not working, clients don't see the dhcrelayserver

10. fsp clients don't work anymore under slackware 2.2 !!!?!

11. Help!PPP Connects, but Ping/Telnet don't work?

12. Win98 PPTP client can't connect through ipmasq, works w/ modem

13. Oh, fooey -- drivers don't work, rpm doesn't work