Help! How to redial/reconnect with pppd

Post by Malwar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> My ISP disconnects me around every 6 hours and I was wondering if there is a
> simple script to make pppd redial once the connection drops out.

Try the persist option of pppd.

Malware

1. . Confused by PPP dial, redial, reconnect parameters.

I have a minor but annoying problem with my user ppp configuration
(ijppp).

My ISP has a rule that if my connection is dropped, to allow other users
to connect, I am not allowed to reconnect for at least 15 minutes. If I
reconnect before 15 minutes have elapsed the connection is dropped
again immediately and I am penalized by not being allowed to reconnect
for another 20 minutes, and so on.

How can I set my ppp.conf parameters to follow this rule?  I.e. do not
attempt to reconnect for 15 minutes if the remote closes the
connection. I have tried fiddling with dial, redial, reconnect settings
to no avail and only managed to make things worse. Probably due to my
misunderstanding of the man page for ppp.

The version of ppp I am using is the one on the FreeBSD 2.2.6 CD-ROM.

2. PPP, Linux and a Mac on Ethernet HELP

3. Leased Line pppd will not reconnect itself HELP!

4. date and filename

5. HELP: need pppd server to auto reconnect after dies

6. Modules problem with 1.3.100

7. How to enable PPPD reconnected automatically after modem disconnect ?

8. Using AIX Ecurses

9. Prob: Linux/ISDN/pppd/ISP/reconnect

10. Speedtouch USB: Failure to reconnect after several pppd drops

11. PPPD reconnects using ppp1 instead of ppp0

12. pppd, reconnecting and a masquerade box

13. Redial with chat and pppd