Counting traffic on multiple ip adresses ?

Counting traffic on multiple ip adresses ?

Post by Emmanuel CHILAU » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi all !

I'm using a linux RedHat 5.2 server with IP-aliasing on a class C range
of adresses.

I need to have a traffic report by ip every day or week or month.

Are there any free products for that or did someone developped a such
utility ?

Thanks in advance,

Manu

1. Counting NON-IP & BROADCAST traffic ?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to find out the exact
number of bytes going through the NIC ?

At present I use /proc/net/dev, but the number
of bytes is different to the number reported
by my provider's switch; I think it's the
broadcast and
non-ip packets which aren't being counted.

How can I count every byte which traverses the
interface?? I'm most (!) grateful for any hints!

Regards,

Barry

PS: Sorry for posting again under a different
(more suitable?) heading, but I REALLY need an
answer and no-one answered the first time !!

2. MODEM and IRQ: help a newbie

3. how to get ip adress of MX host for some email adress

4. Backport of Ingo/Arjan highpte to 2.4.18 (+O1 scheduler)

5. Prevent access to linux server when mac adress does not match ip adress

6. HP Colorado 4-8 GB Travan EIDE compatible ?

7. dynamic ip-adresses to fix adresses

8. Raid & SATA drives

9. Multiple IP-adresses on one interface

10. multiple ip adresses for one dial-up account?

11. Multiple IP adresses with FreeBSD

12. multiple IP adresses on ODT 3.0

13. Multiple IP Adress with a Linux Box