Modem is Locked?

Post by InterStyle Communication » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Howdy,
      I'm getting the following error when trying to start Minicom:

Device /etc/modem is locked

Any idea on how to get around this?

Thanks in advance...

Modem is Locked?

Post by Daniel Fra » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Howdy,
>       I'm getting the following error when trying to start Minicom:

> Device /etc/modem is locked

        In fact it would be "/dev/modem".

Quote:> Any idea on how to get around this?

        Just delete any /var/lock/LCK..modem that you may have.
--
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/sun/679

Modem is Locked?

Post by Thomas Nowa » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Howdy,
>       I'm getting the following error when trying to start Minicom:

> Device /etc/modem is locked

         ^^^^^
I think you means /dev/modem or?

Quote:

> Any idea on how to get around this?

> Thanks in advance...

An other process is using your modem, or some process is crashed and
has'nt remove
it lockfile.
There should be an directory /var/lock with an file LCK..modem in it.

May be there is the PID of the process in it

If this process dos not exist remove the file.

Bye Thomas

1. Modem TX and RX status via Num Lock-Caps Lock-Scroll Lock

'Netters,

A time ago someone asked about implementing their Num Lock, Caps Lock,
and Scroll Lock keyboard lights as a modem transmit and receive status
indicator.

Has anyone accomplished this?  If so, is the code at an archive site?

-Rod
--
-----------
If you yell try : Rod Troch                  | Zeta Beta Tau

Pgp key available upon request.              | happyHappy joyJoy
         Don't mess with TEXAS. (Lonestar - A Linux box)

2. two displays, one keyboard, two dtlogin ?

3. Modem locks (hardware lock) since new linux upgrade

4. Updating running executable without bus error?

5. modem locked but I can't find the lock file

6. how to execute commands from a file?

7. HELP!! I am locked out of root

8. Upgrading FBSD 2.1.5 to 3.1 with no working floppy disk drive

9. Help, I am locked from my system

10. netscape rpm from compaq + my box = lock lock lock

12. I am with the following error, when i am running lilo...