Connecting an incomming telnet to a modem?

Connecting an incomming telnet to a modem?

Post by James Brist » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I would like to connect an incomming telnet to a modem, which will dial up
and loggon (scripted) to a site which is running VT100 menu based system.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks,

James.

Connecting an incomming telnet to a modem?

Post by Heiko Schlitterma » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hi,

>> I would like to connect an incomming telnet to a modem, which will dial up
>> and loggon (scripted) to a site which is running VT100 menu based system.
>> What would be the best way to do this?
>  Put this line in your /etc/inittab file.

>  S3:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -i 19200,9600 ttyS3

>  Here, ttyS3 is the modem port.

Uhh, doesn't seem to be what the original poster wanted.

Take perl, create a short 4 line wrapper  (making in&out unbuffered)
around ``cu'' and use inetd to fire up this wrapper.

Heiko
--

pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92

voice : +49-351-4638321                  +49-172-7909055

1. Slackware 7.0 and incomming ftp connects

Haai there,

I've a weard problem after I installed Slackware 7.0 on my system :
When I ftp to another host, it al goes well, but when ftp-ing to this
Slackware 7.0 box, I just get the message "connected to obelix" and that's
all. After playing around a bit it seems to do a dns lookup and since I
don't have a continues internet connection, that fails. When removing the
dns servers from my /etc/resolv.conf, all works allright.
When I used Slackware 3.6 these lines didn't give me this problem.
Anyone know a way to solve this on a neat way and so I can leave those dns
entries in my /etc/resolv.conf?

Greetings,
        Sjoerd

2. unix security on aix systems using risc 6000

3. Can use modem for incomming/outgoing???

4. root fs ext3/auto data=writeback

5. Help me setup modem for incomming calls

6. problems with solaris 8 on a Dell Optiplex GX150

7. Modem connects, problems with Netscape, telnet, etc,(Where is my mi

8. tnt ultra 2

9. Modem connects, problems with Netscape, telnet, etc,(Where is my mind?)

10. Connect via LAN vs. Connect via modem headache

11. 1 * kaBayoadH-pppd keeps connecting when another modem connects

12. 3com Office Connect LAN Modem::trouble connecting