Howto Drive a Windows95 Network with Linux

Howto Drive a Windows95 Network with Linux

Post by PP » Thu, 08 May 1997 04:00:00

I would like to control access to a Windows95 based network with linux.
What exist on linux for doing it !!!!

Sincerely,

1. Installing RH Linux 5.2/Sparc on Sparcstation2 via my Windows95/98 peer-peer network

Hello!

I would like to install Redhat Linux 5.2/Sparc on a  Sun SS2 via my
Windows95/98 peer-peer network. I would have loaded RH Linux on a
CDROM drive, but the only SCSI I could find at work is not compatible
with the SS2. I'm fairly new to unix in general - I have limited
experience with shell accounts at my previous school. And I'm very new
to the Sparc2, as I just picked it up recently.

I'm not sure what steps I need to take to accomplish the install. The
Sparcstation2 is running Solaris 2.5.

My questions are -

1) How do I setup the SS2 under Solaris 2.5 for the correct network
settings for my LAN? (ie, I would need to set it as 192.168.150.4)

2) Once I download RH 5.2/Sparc onto one of my Windows98 PC's, how to
I get the Sparc2 to retrieve it and begin installation?

Thanks greatly for your help!

2. Problems after installing XFree 4.01

3. Problems Networking Windows95 and Linux

4. Explanations about DNS server

5. 2 hard drives 1)windows95 2) linux

6. SCO 5.06 Installation Error

7. Ethernet-Howto and Networking-Howto, etc...

8. SW Developer Conference Info Wanted??

9. Printing from Windows95 on SCO Merge to a remote Windows95 printer

10. Win95/Linux HOWTO? OS/2-Linux HOWTO?

11. linux laptop, linux pc and orinoco usb client silver home network howto?

12. can unix acess drives networks on a netware networked drive and how?

13. howto upagrade single drive scsi to dual drive raid 1?