linux token ring support?

Post by Roger Hoogeve » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am desperately searching for drivers to make Linux
recognize an Intel TokenExpress token ring network card.
I tried the IBM token ring patches, without success.
Please let me know when you know that these cards
are supported. Thanks in advance.

Greets,
Roger Hoogeveen

linux token ring support?

Post by Antoine VOUILL » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,

: I am desperately searching for drivers to make Linux
: recognize an Intel TokenExpress token ring network card.
: I tried the IBM token ring patches, without success.
: Please let me know when you know that these cards
: are supported. Thanks in advance.

Only the Token ring cards with a Tropic Chipset are supported by the
current Linux token ring driver.

linux token ring support?

Post by Rick Bla » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I am desperately searching for drivers to make Linux
>recognize an Intel TokenExpress token ring network card.
>I tried the IBM token ring patches, without success.
>Please let me know when you know that these cards
>are supported. Thanks in advance.
>Greets,
>Roger Hoogeveen

The Intel TokenExpress cards might use the same drivers as Olicom
token cards, since Olicom makes them for Intel...

linux token ring support?

Post by Haisam K. Id » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

In the Linux Token Ring HOWTO it states that one can load the token ring
patches from ftp://linux3.cc.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/Linux.  However, the connection
is never successful. Where else can I get the patch from?  Please e-mail the
answer.

thanks in advance,

           Intelsat, The Flight Dynamics Section,  Box 60
            3400 International Dr.; Washington, DC 20008
               202.944.7654, 202.944.7847 (telefax)

linux token ring support?

Post by Henrik Storn » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>>I am desperately searching for drivers to make Linux
>>recognize an Intel TokenExpress token ring network card.
>>I tried the IBM token ring patches, without success.
>>Please let me know when you know that these cards
>>are supported. Thanks in advance.
>The Intel TokenExpress cards might use the same drivers as Olicom
>token cards, since Olicom makes them for Intel...

Except that there is no Linux driver for neither the Olicom nor
the Intel cards ...

--
Henrik Storner           | "God was able to create the world in only

                         |  base to consider."
                         |           Andy Finkel, Commodore-Amiga Inc.

linux token ring support?

Post by dwil.. » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> >>I am desperately searching for drivers to make Linux
> >>recognize an Intel TokenExpress token ring network card.
> >>I tried the IBM token ring patches, without success.
> >>Please let me know when you know that these cards
> >>are supported. Thanks in advance.

As I understand it the people doing token ring support for Linux only had time to
provide support for IBM Tropic based cards and 100% compatibles before they moved
on to other things.  Therefore the only token ring cards that are supported under
Linux will be IBM 16/4 adapters, Madge Straight Blue and Blue+ adapters -:) and
any other 100% compatible cards.

As for other adapters, Olicom, Intel,... its really a question of whether the
manufacturer in question will make their interface public so that someone can
write a Linux driver.  My guess is that this is unlikely to happen.

Regards,

Dave Wilson.

1. Linux Token Ring Support?

The Olicom is right out - ignore it. The only IBM adapters supported
are the ISA Shared-RAM adapters for now. I have most of the code
written for the IBM LANStreamer PCI driver but am currently having
a wonderful time discovering precisely where the documentation departs
from reality as I am testing the parts I have written thus far. I'm
treating it as a test of character.

Paul "Desperately seeking an SRB" Norton

2. ISAM Library wanted

3. Linux Token Ring support

4. Generic OPTi Soundcard Pnp

5. SPARC/Linux Token Ring Support ?

6. Support of AMD 762?

7. Linux - token ring support

8. Dump vs tar (across multiple hosts!!!!!! Arrggg!)

9. token ring token ring token ring

10. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

11. Does Linux support Token Ring networks?

12. Token-Ring and Linux...How much support is there, and what docs are available???

13. Token Ring support in Linux 2.0