How can I send an UDP-Broadcast?

Post by Ralf Siedo » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello!

How can I send an udp-Broadcast to a subnet?
My purpose is that my Linux-machine can notify all Clients when it goes
online/offline.

How can I send a winpopup-Message to all Windows clients? The only
possibilty I found is to send a winpopup-message via smbclient and the
NetBIOS name.

cu Ralf

--
Warning!
In order to confuse and obfuscate the public, we utilize substantial

The above text was generated by Ralf Siedow
http://www.siedow.de

1. Send a broadcast in UDP

Hello

I have an application ( JDK 1.2 ) in the RH6.0, and I want to send a
broadcast with UDP :
I create a DatagramSocket in the port 2500, a new packet ( with the IP
255.255.255.255 ). When I  try to send this packet, an error occurs : I
don't have the permission.

Could you help me ?

2. Error from linuxconf in control-panel

3. problems sending UDP packet to broadcast addr

4. Adaptec 2904 supported by Linux?

5. Send a broadcast with UDP

6. Does anyone have Sound Blaster 16ASP working in Linux?

7. udp broadcast address 255.255.255.255 send error.

8. aic7xxx Vers. 5.x didn't work with AHA-3940U

9. send udp packet to broadcast address

10. udp-broadcast

11. udp broadcast forwarding

12. UDP port broadcasting