Linux proxy server

Post by Benjamin Varga » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have 3 Solaris clients with bogus class A ip addresses behind an MS Proxy
Server.  Of course, these clients cannot telnet or ftp thru my MS Proxy
Server.

I am asking for feedback or ideas on how I can provide telnet and ftp access
to these clients.  I ultimately would like to route these clients thru a
proxy server, but it is not mandatory that I do so.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

bV

Linux proxy server

Post by John Hil » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I have 3 Solaris clients with bogus class A ip addresses behind an MS Proxy
> Server.  Of course, these clients cannot telnet or ftp thru my MS Proxy
> Server.

> I am asking for feedback or ideas on how I can provide telnet and ftp access
> to these clients.  I ultimately would like to route these clients thru a
> proxy server, but it is not mandatory that I do so.

> Thanks for any help you can provide.

> bV

You could do worse than the fwtk (Firewall Toolkit) from Trusted
Information Systems.  I think their site is www.tis.com, but I don't
recall.  It is a free package, but you have to register with them, and
they will email you the URL for the download.  I have used the ftp proxy
for connections out, and it worked just as advertised.

1. can't get e-mails from ISP POP server through Linux proxy server

local LAN ( win 98 clients ) is connected to internet through linux
machine having apache as proxy server which is conected to Internet
through a DSL.Linux box has two network card one for DSL ,another for
LAN. Clients can acceess Internet through the proxy server but can't get
their mails from their ISP mail server using outlook express. Even can't
ping, telnet or ftp to any body on Internet.what is the problem.
is this the routing or proxy problem????

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Help! 640MB MO How???

3. Linux proxy server connecting to Mail server(Mandrake 9 beta2)

4. illegal seek

5. Linux proxy server for Win98 machines

6. Where to get Java Compiler

7. NT4SP3 + SBS breaks linux proxy server?

8. setting up a modem

9. Linux Proxy Server Development

10. need help on setting linux proxy server for netscape

11. Linux Proxy Server

12. Analysing Network traffic on a Linux proxy server

13. LINUX PROXY SERVER