connection over analogue leased line

Post by Udo Nol » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

hi all,

does anybody have an idea how to connect to linux boxes over an analogue
leased line, which is always on, so that there's no need to dial (that's
what we have here) The machines should talk over PPP.
It's no problem to setup the system for dialing in or out using PPP with
PAP, but I don't understand how this should work, when there's no need
for the modems to dial, because the line is always up ??? Actually I
have to connect two LANs over this line. Is there any help outside?
Please let me know, also email, if possible.

many thanks, udo

ps: I have two USR Courier, two linux 586. a leased line (analog), PPP
on dialup-lines works fine for dialing in...
--
D.O.M. - digital online media GmbH
Bismarckstr.60

*** neue Tel.-Nr.: 0221 95168-0 ***