IP Masq troubles

Post by Gary Lawrence Murph » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I followed the FAQ and the first time I had the system working
(Linux+diald, Win95 behind it) but then had to reinstall many things
including the 2.1.9 kernel ... and I broke it ... now it doesn't work.

Q: Do I need to run gated on the Linux machine?
Q2: there was a change to the ipfwadm syntax --- what is the new
command line for making an IP Forwarding system?

--

(519) 422-1150 fax:422-2723 ---- RR1/F3 Sauble Beach, Ontario, Canada
TeleDynamics ----------- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7704/

1. IP Masq'd Workstation to connect to IP Masq'd Workstation

I have setup my Linux Box with IPMasq. Everything runs fine from my win box
behind the proxy. Now I just encountered a problem. I have tried to connect
to an ftp server that is behind NAT server which are both on winboxs

------------              -------------                   ------------
        ------------------
|                 |             | IP Masq    |   Internet    |   NAT       |
| Win workstation |
|---------|    FTP                |
|                 |             |   Proxy      |   Internet    |    Win box
|              | server                |
------------              -------------                   -------------
        ------------------

I can't seem to connect to the FTP even when the FTP Client is set to
passive mode. Does anyone know whether there is anything I can do on my side
of the connection such as reconfiguring my Linux Box to fwd properly?

2. How to activate a SP Switch

3. IP Masq - Specify IP to Masq as?

4. soundblaster 64

5. ip masq. trouble

6. libc4.5.21, getlogin() bad return name

7. Configuring net (IP-tunnel, IP-Alias, Proxy-ARP, NAT, IP-Masq?)

8. Toshiba and XF 4.0.2

9. IP Chains, IP Masq, and Dial on Demand Problems

10. Kernel 2.2.1:IPCHAINS:IPPORTFW:IP port forwarding: IP Masq: ipmasqadm

11. IP forwarding & Masq from net to Private IP

12. IP MASQ and IP Aliasing

13. ip masq/ip alias question