pptp linux client to pptp nt server

Post by Heiko Bennewit » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

hello,
i try in the moment desperatly to connect a linux (a 2.2 kernel) to
connect via pptp to a nt server. my provider uses this tunnel to give us
direct access to the internet. (till now we have only www with a proxy).
the problem is, that the nt just does not answer. the provider testet
with a windows system from our office (it's inhouse), this did work.

does anyone know this problem or better even a solution?

we use
pptp-linux client 1.0.2
pppd 2.3.8
the nt version i don't know, i think it's quite new
there is no firewall between the two computers (because it's to tunnel
the intranet)
we want to use PAP for authentification

in our log file only is written that pppd sends a LCP config request,
after doing this some times it disconnects, because no answer arrives.
(sorry, i have now the exactly text not here, because i am now home).
also the log file from the provider did only say, that something
connected but not more.

we testet with a linux pptp server, this worked. we have allready tried
really all kinds of configuration, so if this is the reason it must be
quite tricky.

it seems the both linux softwares understand and the both ms softwares,
but unfortunally not linux-ms.

anyone knows something?

thanks,
heiko