HP NC/16 TP and HP Vectra 386

Post by Noah Robert » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have this LAN card.  I *believe* it is an ethernet card.  I can't
find the module to load though.  I also have an old 386 with a built in
LAN card....there is a chip on the MB with the same number on it as
the large chip on my card.  The PC is an HP Vectra 386/33NI (386SX)
which I am planning to use as a firewall.

Funny thing, the cops module is the only thing that will load....I
didn't try to connect it to anything though as that is lt0 not eth0.
Are the two compatable...ie can I connect to an ethernet network with an
lt
interface?

Has anyone had any luck with this card and/or PC?  I thought linux
had drivers for pretty much every network card on the planet by now.

HP NC/16 TP and HP Vectra 386

Post by Noah Robert » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I found the HP J2405A (the NC16) listed as an *AMD LANCE* in the
RedHat hardware cumpatability chart.  Maybe the guy in charge of
these hardware charts should put a link of some sort from the *HP*
section to where the driver is :P

I just happened to know enough to recognise the J2405 number, an average
Joe wouldn't think to look for an HP card in the AMD section.

1. HP PC LAN Adapter NC/16

I'm just wondering if the drivers for the HP PC LAN Adapter NC/16 are any
good? I know that card's supported, but the card will be installed in a
company PC, so the drivers gotta be pretty good (unlike the Intel drivers
I've been reading about the last few weeks :)).

--
->Stinger<-

2. xdos

3. HP Vectra XU integrated Soundblaster 16

4. video *capture* card advice?

5. Problems with HP PCLAN Adapter 16 PLUS (HP 27252A)

6. ipnat problem pls help.....

7. help: "Video7 1024i HT208A" or "HP D2382A" on HP Vectra

8. What's that "ps"-like command?

9. HP J2405A ethernet & HP Vectra VE

10. HP Vectra QS20 with HP Mouse

11. 3C507-TP (EtherLink 16 TP) ???

12. Interrupt problem with 2.2.16 and HP Vectra XU5/90

13. Solaris 2.5.1 / HP JetAdmin D3.15 / HP JetDirect / Non-HP-Printer