Linux, NT server and MS Proxy

Post by Kevin Petrace » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know if its possible to use netscape on Linux connected to  a NT
server 4.0 running IIS4 and MS Proxy 2.0 to connect to the internet.?

And if so, could you point out a source of information on how to accomplish
this.

btw, my NT server is connected to the internet via adsl and works fine with
windows 98 that are connected to the NT server to access the internet.

Linux, NT server and MS Proxy

Post by Andrey Smirno » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello!

I don't know if try this already but...

Go to preferences in Netscape, --> advance --> proxies --> manual proxy
configuration --> view, and enter ip address of your proxy server in there
folowed by port (default in MS proxy is 80).

But it only works for browsing web pages.

Good luck!

>Does anyone know if its possible to use netscape on Linux connected to  a
NT
>server 4.0 running IIS4 and MS Proxy 2.0 to connect to the internet.?

>And if so, could you point out a source of information on how to accomplish
>this.

>btw, my NT server is connected to the internet via adsl and works fine with
>windows 98 that are connected to the NT server to access the internet.

Linux, NT server and MS Proxy

Post by Andrey Smirno » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

One more thing...

If you want to use other services on the Internet from your Linux box, you
should look on http://support.microsoft.com/support and search for
transparent proxy settings.

Good luck!

>Does anyone know if its possible to use netscape on Linux connected to  a
NT
>server 4.0 running IIS4 and MS Proxy 2.0 to connect to the internet.?

>And if so, could you point out a source of information on how to accomplish
>this.

>btw, my NT server is connected to the internet via adsl and works fine with
>windows 98 that are connected to the NT server to access the internet.

1. Linux client with MS Proxy Server 2.0 on NT Server

Howdy,

I have just set up RedHat 6.0, and want to run it as my main operating
system.  On my local intranet I am running MS Proxy Server 2.0 on NT Server,
and in my current Win98 system I have the WSP (winsock proxy) Client
installed for all winsock requests (so it makes the internet seemless in
windows).  How do I access the proxy server in Linux?  Is no WSP Client
equivalent for linux?  Is there another way of setting up linux so it can
use the proxy server?  Otherwise i am restricted to the local intranet which
just ain't good enough... :-)  I know the obvious answer would be to replace
NT Server with linux, but I am trying to take linux one step at a time (i am
relatively new to it)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...  And may i just say, LINUX RULES
:-)

EvanD

2. How do I protect files from simultaneous access

3. Linux client=>NT Server + MS Proxy server Question

4. Quantum scsi bd manual required

5. MS$ NT > Linux Firewall > Internet > MS$ NT PPTP Server

6. Successful Linux version using CAP

7. Linux Firewalls, MS Proxy Server and MS Exchange Server

8. configuring rsh

9. Linux --> NT --> MS Proxy Server --> Internet

10. socks proxy client on linux and ms proxy server

11. Best Choice of Proxy Server: MS Proxy / Linux TIS

12. Linux proxy client conf. with MS Proxy Server

13. Connecting to Internet VIA NT Server and MS Proxy