NT users authentication using linux pswd file.

Post by Eldir Tomasse » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm using RedHat 5.2 and NT4.0 in a network. My NT ran ms-proxy 2.0 with its
> authentication strategies. I want to share Linux /etc/passwd file with my NT.
> Actually I don't want to redefine my linux users under NT machine. Is there
> any idea?

Use SAMBA.

ELdir

Post by Brian McCaule » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> hi,

> I'm using samba on my redhat 5.2 for file sharing. I don't know what shoud I
> do for pswd sharing. may help me?

I think you'll need a very recent Samba.  I doubt any distribution
will be shipping with a version of Samba that'll act (reliabvly) as a
domain controller.

--

  .  _\\__[oo   faeces from    | Phones: +44 121 471 3789 (home)

  # ll  l\\  ~~~~ ~   ~ ~    ~ | http://www.wcl.bham.ac.uk/~bam/
 ###LL  LL\\ (Brian McCauley)  |

1. apache user authentication using /etc/passwd file ?

Hi Folks,

While implementing user authentication for an apache server, I would
like to make use of the unix system's /etc/passwd file for
usernames and passwords. Is it possible to do this with the native
user authentication scheme of apache ?

In other words, I would still have the .htaccess and .htgroups file,
but instead of creating a .htpasswd file, I would like the apache
server to refer to the host system's /etc/password file.

Has anyone done this ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Vinay

2. Mirror sites for FTP Uneven!!

3. User-Authentication using the UNIX-system passwd-file with Apache HTTPd?

4. Quantum DLT VS160

5. User authentication using UNIX password file with Apache

6. wtf???

7. Using Linux for user authentication

8. iBook/ which distro?

9. Wireless User Authentication using Linux?

10. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

11. Apache 1.3.6: User authentication againt NT domain?

12. User Authentication on a UNIX- or NT-based Web Server via Novell NDS