XP to Red Hat Server

Post by Doug Holt » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:34:36

Howdy;
Is there a "how to" on networking and getting samba to work from a Red Hat
7.1 server with a XP Pro client?  I'd like to install XP Pro.
TNX
--
Doug Holtz

XP to Red Hat Server

Post by Outlaw Tor » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:30:35

Quote:> Howdy;

Hi there Doug,

Quote:> Is there a "how to" on networking and getting samba to work from a Red Hat
> 7.1 server with a XP Pro client?  I'd like to install XP Pro.

As far as it goes, I'd simply refer to the usual Samba How-To
http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/SMB-HOWTO.html

or you could check out any information on http://www.samba.org
or http://us1.samba.org/samba/samba.html may be your closest mirror.

Going from a Linux box to any recent windows box is much the same
ordeal AFAIK so I'd just configure Samba as you usually would in any
nortmal circumstance.

Hope this helps,

--
Phil
"The Knack to flying, is learning to throw

XP to Red Hat Server

Post by Doug Holt » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:19:18

Tom;

I don't know why I was worried.  I went ahead with it on an older PC and
everything worked.  It was a * seeing the other Windows machines, tho.
Need netBIOS running for that.

Thanks for the support.

Doug

Quote:> > Howdy;

> Hi there Doug,

> > Is there a "how to" on networking and getting samba to work from a Red
Hat
> > 7.1 server with a XP Pro client?  I'd like to install XP Pro.

> As far as it goes, I'd simply refer to the usual Samba How-To
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> or you could check out any information on http://www.veryComputer.com/
> or http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Going from a Linux box to any recent windows box is much the same
> ordeal AFAIK so I'd just configure Samba as you usually would in any
> nortmal circumstance.

> Hope this helps,

> --
> Phil
> "The Knack to flying, is learning to throw
> yourself at the ground... and missing"
> Registered Linux User #227794

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. /etc/usertty?

3. Sun, Red Hat To Offer Red Hat Linux On Sun Servers

4. working directory

5. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

6. PPP, static address, and configuring "server"

7. triple boot mandrake 9.0, red hat 8.0 and win xp

8. SED script?

9. Boot problems, Win XP and Red Hat

10. Red Hat Linux 6.2 Installation With Windows XP

11. SOS - VPN from Red Hat Enterprise to Windows XP?

12. Dual Boot XP and Red Hat 8.0

13. Dual Boot Red hat Linux 8.0 with Windows xp with NTFS file system