Two default gateways? network load balancing?

Two default gateways? network load balancing?

Post by Fris » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

  I have cable on eth0, adsl on eth1 and a local masqueraded network on
eth2. Can i balance the traffic between eth0 and eth1???

1. Load balancing of default gateways???

Hi all,

I have Solaris 2.5.1 machines configured with two default gateways (yes
they work) of
two Cisco routers.  The intention was that first one in
/etc/defaultrouter would be the primary
and the second one would be the backup.  First of all the order was not
the same for all hosts
in netstat -rn table even the order is exactly the same in the file.  A
more interesting result is that
both gateways are used, but in an unenven fashion.  I was trying to
figure out in what order they are
being used, I have not found a pattern.  However this result is not what
I wanted, I want the first one
to be the primary one because it is more powerful.

Has anyone seen a similar thing or any suggestions?

Thanks.
Randy

2. fdisk can't read /dev/hda

3. How automatic route trafic from default gateway to second gateway then connect to default will broken

4. Use of /dev/ltty?

5. Load balancing on two dsl lines, gateway questions

6. Sending mail with PPP link to ISP

7. two gateways, balance load

8. Help! XF86Config Timing for 800x600@75HZ

9. Load balancing between two WAN gateways

10. How to Balance Network Loads Between Two Fast Pipes

11. load balance two two nic cards, one cable modem?

12. Two gateways only default gateway works.

13. Default gateway's default gateway.