Nertworking is Xwindows won't start

Post by Thumper » Sun, 03 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
    I am very new to linux, and have a problem.  I was using my
networking configuration option in the control panel in Xwindows to try
to setup a PPP dial-up connection to my ISP.  I was changing the
routings(probably bad idea) to try to make it work.  What happens now is
I can start my Xwindows fine, then bring up the control panel, and
select networking, The HardDrive searches, and nothing comes up for
networking at all. Then I can go on the root, and start up ppp.
Shouldn't I still have something in networking in my Xwindows at least
for a ppp connection? Also, do most Linux users use the ppp setup in
Xwindows, or from the command prompt and use scripts? Thanks in advance,
                                                          Perry

1. Xwindows won't start.....help needed

After deinstalling staroffice my Xwindows won't work no more.
This is wat I get in my log:

(**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Anyone who has a clue what is wrong here and how do i solve it?!
I work with Mandrake 7.2.....

Thnx,
Deech

2. multi-line grepping? (Digital Unix/OSF/1 *grep)

3. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

4. TYAN S1563 Tomcat III

5. Xwindows won't start anymore

6. NE2000 vs. shared memory ethernet card?

7. XWindows won't start

8. HELP! WTB DDS2 4MM tape drive

9. XWindows won't start in right resolution.

10. Xwindows won't start!

11. X won't start: can't open default font 'fixed'

12. x-win won't start with eth0 enabled

13. x-win won't start with eth0 enabled!