> I know, using Microsoft apps is bad :) But i need iexplore (netscape is too
> long loading) ... and this stupid microsoft tells only one ftp
> (ftp.microsoft.com) who CANNOT resume downloads ...
> I was disconnect since my last download .. so i need another ftp site ..
> please tell me!
> Thx :)
There are tree ways:
The first one:
1. Download IE4.0 for win3.11 at ftp.microsoft.com
2. Install it onto your win partition
3. Download wine, the windows emulator. There are various locations for
downloading it, try at freshmeat.net.
4. Install it and configure it (read the documentation how to do that)
5. Change to the directory containing the executable of IE and type
% wine -managed iexplore.exe
If the software really starts (and works), then you will have the
fastest way to ...look "cool" icons (if you like them)!
The second one:
IE4.0 is available for SUN Solaris. You could buy Solaris, which is
available for Intel PC's too. I don't know if the IE runs on both Intel
and Sparc platforms - checkt the micro$oft site.
This is the fastest way to ... lose money...
The third one:
On most Linux systems lynx is installed. If it is not installed on your
system, you can download it everywhere. Lynx is a textmode browser.
This is the fastest way to ... surf the web and it loads very very fast!
So, bluez - it's your choice!