Intarnet

Post by Rainer Colle » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

hello,

i want to build up a very little intranet with two pc`s (linux and win98),
for develop a www-site. the only thing i want to, is to reach my linux
apache-server from my win98-computer. on both computers tcp/ip seems to
work. "ping localhost" works and i can also ping the lopcal  ethernet
device. but they can`t reach each other.

Anyone knows there the problem is?

Thanx,
Rainer

Intarnet

Post by Christian Magn » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hallo Rainer,

versuche die IP-Adressen im gleichen Segment zu halten (z.B. Win98 =
192.168.1.2 / Linux = 192.168.1.1). Wenn das nicht funktioniert, bleibt nur
ein Hardware-Problem, vielleicht ja das Kabel.

Christian

Quote:>hello,

>i want to build up a very little intranet with two pc`s (linux and win98),
>for develop a www-site. the only thing i want to, is to reach my linux
>apache-server from my win98-computer. on both computers tcp/ip seems to
>work. "ping localhost" works and i can also ping the lopcal  ethernet
>device. but they can`t reach each other.

>Anyone knows there the problem is?

>Thanx,
>Rainer

1. Q: Internet And Intarnet Authorization

Hello,

Is it possible to have different types of user authorization
for Internet and Intranet? And How is it possible?

I mean, that when I make telnet (ftp) to my-server from my local
network,
the system use Unix-Password scheme for Authorization, but
when I telnet from Internet to my server the system use other
Authorization scheme (Skey or smth. else)
The good solution is, when login can define the place of a query:
Internet or Intranet. But How do this make on Linux?

WTBW
Modest Sokolov

2. Bash:Substring Extraction

3. Quotas