NFS & chameleon for dos

Post by Rick L » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to mount from Windows(chameleon) a NFS linux
directory, I have got
/etc/exports   /usr     windows.machine.name(rw, no root squash)

when I try to mount the directory chameleon's error
message is "cannot connect to windows.machine.name:/usr"

anyone got any hints???

--
The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality.

NFS & chameleon for dos

Post by Paul Matthew » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> I am trying to mount from Windows(chameleon) a NFS linux
> directory, I have got
> /etc/exports   /usr     windows.machine.name(rw, no root squash)

> when I try to mount the directory chameleon's error
> message is "cannot connect to windows.machine.name:/usr"

Try:

/usr    windows.machine.name(rw,insecure,no_root_squash)

The syntax is picky. [You probably already got a few replies to
your query, but I didn't see any.]

--
Paul Matthews
McLean, VA

1. NFS && dos question

Is there anyway, that i can NFS export a DOS directory thats mounted
thru linux, but without giving away full read / execute permissions
to the DOS drive.

All i want todo, is explicitly export 1 or 2 DOS directories, wihout
having to mount DOS like:

drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root         1024 Apr 29 00:58 dos/

cheers,
vince

--

"Why should i be frightened of dying?  Theres no reason for it.
 You've got to go sometime."  - TGGITS

2. Apache - apxs of mod_proxy causes configtest to fail

3. networking linux and DOS Chameleon

4. Help burning CDR (iso) image

5. Chameleon 4.5 with Solaris 2.4 NFS problems

6. setting up a BSD box as my router

7. NFS Chameleon on NT4

8. Text file transfers between OS's

9. HELP: Linux and Chameleon NFS?

10. NFS/Chameleon problems viewing certain directories on UNIX server

11. Netmanage Chameleon /D w/NFS to mount linux host

12. Problem with OSE 5.0 & NFS & TUN-NFS

13. LILO & win95 & dos & Linux