problems compiling rpc.bootparamd

Post by John Weave » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am having trouble compiling rpc.bootparamd. I am trying to get the
Xkernel package to work with my 3/60. I have tryed the source that comes
with the package, the source in the main Xkernel package, and the source
for NetBSD. With the NetBSD version I have to use pmake (BSD Make), but
all three fail with the same error: The actual parameters in the
function do not match those in the prototype. If you have any tips on
compiling this please send me email.

Configuration:

        Kernel 2.0.0 on the Slackware96. (FVWM95 is hilarious :-)
--

problems compiling rpc.bootparamd

Post by Gu » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Uhh, yeah, the rpc.bootparamd which comes w/ XKernel doesn't like
Linux (there are about 2 lines that need changing). I don't have a
REAL patch, but if you follow these instructions (and use these patches),
life will be good:

1) Start w/ a CLEAN distribution of rpc.bootparamd (make clean shoud do it)
2) save the following chunk as 'patch.a' (the stuff between the === lines):
===
24c24
< bootparamproc_whoami_1(whoami)
---

Quote:> bootparamproc_whoami_1(whoami, clnt)
25a26
> CLIENT *clnt;

87c88
<   bootparamproc_getfile_1(getfile)
---
Quote:> bootparamproc_getfile_1(getfile, clnt)
88a90
> CLIENT *clnt;

===

3) type 'patch < patch.a', and at the filename prompt, enter 'rpc.bootparamd.c'
4) type 'make', and wait for an error to happen
5) save the following chunk as 'patch.b'
===
38c38
<               local = (char *(*)(char *, struct svc_req *))
bootparamproc_whoami_1_svc;
---

Quote:>               local = (char *(*)(char *, struct svc_req *)) bootparamproc_whoami_1;

44c44
<               local = (char *(*)(char *, struct svc_req *))
bootparamproc_getfile_1_svc;
---
Quote:>               local = (char *(*)(char *, struct svc_req *)) bootparamproc_getfile_1;

===

6) type 'patch < patch.b', and at the prompt enter: 'bootparam_prot_svc.c'
7) type 'make', and all should go well.

--
Justin (Gus) Hurwitz

Current Time: Mon Oct  7 17:26:55

1. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd from xkernel package

I'm getting errors when compiling rpc.bootparamd from the Linux-Xkernel
package.  Here's what it gives me:

cc    -c rpc.bootparamd.c -o rpc.bootparamd.o
rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_whoami_1':
rpc.bootparamd.c:26: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
bootparam_prot.h:152: prototype declaration
rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_getfile_1':
rpc.bootparamd.c:89: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
bootparam_prot.h:155: prototype declaration
make: *** [rpc.bootparamd.o] Error 1

Does anyone know what's wrong here... or better yet, does anyone have a
pre-compiled rpc.bootparamd for Linux?

mS

2. Upgrading to Newer X Windows problem

3. ALSA cs4237b soundcard drivers

4. libXm.so.3 what is it ?

5. help compiling rpc.bootparamd

6. help about telnet in debian

7. rpc.bootparamd wont compile

8. Xkernel Problems || WTD: Binaries for rpc.bootparamd

9. rpc.bootparamd problems

10. rpc.bootparamd problems on Linux