Networking help

Post by Pawel Krasuck » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am very new to linux.  I am trying to link up the new linux machine to my
network to share the DSL connection.  I think this can be done, where should
I start.  Do you guys have a good site for this information.  I've tried the
redhat getting started guide, but it didn't help very much.  I basically
just need to specify my ip, subnet, and domain settings for the linux
machine.
Thnks
pk

Networking help

Post by Chad+n.. » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'd start with www.linuxdoc.org and read the HOW-TOs. If you want to setup a
firewall and allow your linux box to share the dsl connecction with the other
computers in your house, then you might find my site helpful.
www.packetfilter.dynip.com

regards,
Chad

>Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:52:23 -0500

>Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking
>Subject: Networking help

>I am very new to linux.  I am trying to link up the new linux machine to my
>network to share the DSL connection.  I think this can be done, where should
>I start.  Do you guys have a good site for this information.  I've tried the
>redhat getting started guide, but it didn't help very much.  I basically
>just need to specify my ip, subnet, and domain settings for the linux
>machine.
>Thnks
>pk

1. Linux networking HELP, INTERNET HELP!!!! HELP!!!

Hello,

I have a small network (2 PC's) one PC is  a Linux box running RH6 and
the other box is Window98.  Now the Linux box has IP Masquerading setup
and I use it to connect to the internet.  I can now use the Win98 box
(via the Linux box's internet connection) to browse the internet.

Here's the problem:
I cannot use the Linux box to browse the internet (even though the Win98
box can via the internet connection on the Linux box).  What could be
causing this problem?

I can't ping anywhere.  I thought it could be my resolv.conf but I think
I've set it up correctly.  What could prevent me from ping'ing at the
very least.

Could someone please help me with this matter.

Thanks,

Ozette
--
Mr. Ozette J. Brown   <President>

A Website Development and Consulting Company.
http://www.imaginative-creations.com

2. Sendmail config for 2.5

3. Networking help for home networking

4. StarOffice to PDF?

5. Need networking help. Please help me :)

6. Environment Variables in ksh

7. HELP - Printing from SUN Solaris to Novell Network - HELP

8. TTY record from lastcomm or acctcom

9. Networking help Please.

10. Linux & Win95 Network - HELP!

11. Win98/Linux network - Help