logoutd / telnet user restriction

Post by tim » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi !

I would like to avoid certain user to telnet my pc. I was told in this
newsgroup it would be possible with logoutd. But I cannot get it to
work.
In the man page is said, that logoutd scans the /etc/utmp, but the
utmp-file is in /var/run. So I made a link from /etc/utmp to
/var/run/utmp. That didn't work.My /etc/porttime:  *:root:AL0000-2400
                        *:*:
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

tim

1. How to put ftp user restriction on other users

Hi,

I'm trying to make an account for a user but want to put the same
restriction as the ftp or anonymous user.

That involves: - not being able to use ! ftp commands like !su
                    - the ftp home directory must appear as a root / (like
the chroot which apply to ftp or anonymous user when the ftpd starts).

I have already tried in /etc/passwd to declare a non existant default
shell: /usr/noshell

Thanx

2. How to set hardware time correctly from shell?

3. Root login restrictions, without complete su restriction?

4. Solaris & AMD DualCore: weird CPU statistics

5. Telnet and Ftp restriction

6. user limits and NIS

7. Telnet and ftp restrictions

8. Backups?

9. telnet restrictions

10. Telnet restrictions

11. telnet restriction

12. telnet vs. su command - restrictions