Masquerading or changing the nasic host information?

Masquerading or changing the nasic host information?

Post by Sa » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:30:59

I want sendmail, elm, pine etc send my e-mails as:

rather than

With linuxconf on Redhat 6.0 under "Basic Configuration" area, I have
the computer set up as "company4.com" and one of the accounts I set up
is "nameY".

I have under "Mail Delivery System (sendmail)/Basic/Masquarading
Rules" area the
rule set up for:

transformation.

However, it does not seem to stick!

I can go tweek the pine systems to send e-mail with the address I
want. However, even with changing the elmrc and the global elmrc, I am
not able to change things there, either...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sam

1. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

Hello

I have a linux box which should work as router for two subnets to the internet.
One subnet has valid IP addresses but the other subnet with private IPs has to be masqueraded. Is it possible to masquerade this subnet with an IP address from the other subnet or with the IP of the router port which is connected to the valid subnet and not with the IP address of the router port which is connected to the internet which is the default?

regards
Klaus

2. Very slow RH 7.1 on a P4 1.7Ghz system (keyboard, etc.)

3. hosts.allow and hosts.deny information

4. video capture cards

5. IP Masquerading information

6. XWin32 screen size.

7. IP MASQUERADE Information?

8. ip masq logging

9. my proftp has a proftpd.conf,could i delete the virtual host information in it?

10. Gathering information from hosts with scripting.

11. Setup information for Always Technology IN-2000 SCSI host

12. Hosting Information

13. getting information on a MX host