Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

Post by Jerry Ming Ju Ts » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

        I setup my slip with dip, and I got the error message as

        % dip xxx.dip
        unknown server error

        The same package works on my friend's system. I wonder it's a
simple configuration error. Any help will be appreciated!

Tsai

Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

Post by Terry Dawso » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>    I setup my slip with dip, and I got the error message as

>    % dip xxx.dip
>    unknown server error

This could be a problem with the nameserver you are using, or
that you do not have your /etc/resolv.conf configured correctly.

Your /etc/resolv.conf should look like:

nameserver nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn

at the very least, where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the IP address
of your local nameserver.

Terry

1. Help! dip 'Unknown server error'

I'm just getting started at this, but I've read everything I could find that
might help. dip is not working for me. When I try to run it:

dip -t

I get:

Unkown server error

I'm stuck. Can anybody shed some light? Thanks for any help

-Tim
(||  Voght Systems - Embedded Systems Development
(||           -----------Software----Hardware---------
(||              http://www.a1.com/priam/voght.html

2. SCO Technical Articles released on 971204

3. 'Unknown server error' after the /sbin/dip

4. Remote Printing with Solaris 2.5 - Need Help!

5. Dip 'Unknown Server Error'

6. apache 1.0.0 on Solaris 2.5 problem

7. DIP and 'Unknown Server Errors'

8. Promise Ultra33 ?

9. dip fails with 'Unknown server error'

10. HELP! DIP error: Unknown server error.

11. Can't get dip to run: unknown server error

12. dip error "unknown server error"

13. DIP gives error:Unknown server error