eth0 and eth1 "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and "Delaying eth1 Initialization" errors

eth0 and eth1 "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and "Delaying eth1 Initialization" errors

Post by Alan » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 07:10:46

Hello, I am a linux newbie, and have run into a problem.

I am using RH 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2.  I built a new kernel (to be used for
firewall purposes).  The kernel built fine and it booted successfully except
that with both eth0 and eth1, the errors "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and
"Delaying eth0 Initialization" come up.  I did not have this problem with
the original kernel.

Both NICs are Linksys LNE100TXs using the 169 chip.  The ipcfg-eth0 and 1
are set to activate on boot.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Alan

eth0 and eth1 "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and "Delaying eth1 Initialization" errors

Post by Simon Gree » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:05:38

Usually that means there's no driver for it, or at least the module could
not be loaded. You *did* remember to include the right Ethernet driver,
didn't you?

Cheers
Simon

Post by suresh kodat » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 14:36:39

> Hello, I am a linux newbie, and have run into a problem.

> I am using RH 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2.  I built a new kernel (to be used for
> firewall purposes).  The kernel built fine and it booted successfully except
> that with both eth0 and eth1, the errors "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and
> "Delaying eth0 Initialization" come up.  I did not have this problem with
> the original kernel.

> Both NICs are Linksys LNE100TXs using the 169 chip.  The ipcfg-eth0 and 1
> are set to activate on boot.

> Any ideas?

> Thank you,

> Alan

I think that the problem is, either u didnt compile driver for your card, or u
selected wrong drivers.
check ur cards, and complie apropriate drivers
suresh

eth0 and eth1 "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and "Delaying eth1 Initialization" errors

Post by D Knisel » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 23:41:02

Check for messages with more information about the problem using the "dmesg"
command (for boot time errors), or possibly in /var/log/messages (if later).
It will probably tell you something about the driver not loading, not
finding hardware, not getting a resource, etc.

D. Knisely

> > Hello, I am a linux newbie, and have run into a problem.

> > I am using RH 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2.  I built a new kernel (to be used
for
> > firewall purposes).  The kernel built fine and it booted successfully
except
> > that with both eth0 and eth1, the errors "Delaying eth0 Initialization"
and
> > "Delaying eth0 Initialization" come up.  I did not have this problem
with
> > the original kernel.

> > Both NICs are Linksys LNE100TXs using the 169 chip.  The ipcfg-eth0 and
1
> > are set to activate on boot.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thank you,

> > Alan

> I think that the problem is, either u didnt compile driver for your card,
or u
> selected wrong drivers.
> check ur cards, and complie apropriate drivers
> suresh

1. eth0 error "Delaying eth0 initialization"

    I am running RH5.0 kernel ver 2.0.32
I am running pppd for my isp and it works fine however my local network
I can not get going!!!
I have checked out my configuration in /etc/sysconfig/network it looks
as follows:

NETWORKING=yes
FORWARD_IPV4=no
HOSTNAME=pc-linux
DOMAINNAME=localdomain
GATEWAY=
GATEWAYDEV=eth0

and my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 looks as follows

DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=172.20.1.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=172.20.1.0
BROADCAST=172.20.1.255
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no

if I manually go an activate eth0 through netcfg it refuses to activate
thowing the error "Delaying eth0 initialization"

the irq and io is set correctly for my LAN card (irq 12, io 0*6500)
/proc/pci tells me the following:

 Ethernet controller: NetVin NV5000 (rev 0).
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 12.
      I/O at 0x6500.
which again is correct.

any ideas???

2. Some questions about Gnome + E...

3. "Delaying eth0 initialization" Error! Help!!

4. Problem including <limits.h>

5. rh 7.1 - 2nd nic gives "Delaying eth1 initialization" - how do i fix this ?!

6. Floating-point discrepency under debian linux

7. "delay eth0 initialization" problem

8. KDE + Staroffice 5.0

9. "Delaying eth0 Initialization"

10. "Delaying eth0 initialization" ??????

11. Q:why "delaying eth0 initialization"

12. "Delaying eth0 initialization"