Netmeeting and IP Masqurading!!! Help needed!!

Netmeeting and IP Masqurading!!! Help needed!!

Post by Red Butto » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

www.meetingbywire.com has a lot of information on NetMeeting.  They suggest
using "Phone Patch"  It is a H.323 proxy server made by www.equival.com.
Windows and Linux versions are available ($50)

I have been researching this problem for a while -- this is the only
solution I have been able to find.  If you try it, please post your results
to the group.

CU-SeeMe may be another option.  It seems to be more "firewall friendly"
Linux IP MASQ has a kernel module that allows it to pass through easily.  I
believe other IP Masquerading set-ups have similar capabilities for
CU-SeeMe.

Good Luck!

--Red Button
Red Button (at) reply.in.group

Post by Matt » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello, I am trying to run Microsoft Netmeeting on my Windows 98 Laptop
behind an IP Masqurading box connected to a Cable modem. I dont really
have the option of a real ip for the laptop but would like to get
Netmeeting working on this single laptop. Thanks for your help or
advice....  Thanks a million!.

Please email me responces. Thanks for any suggestions.. It' would be
greatly appricicated.

Matt-

Netmeeting and IP Masqurading!!! Help needed!!

Post by Holger von Amel » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

http://www.veryComputer.com/
tons of information on how to configure "*" services to work with
ip-masquerade.
I haven't personally tried the Netmeeting solution, but I got Vocaltec
IPhone 5.0 up and running with his help.

Holger