how to add STANDARD text at the end of a webpage - apache

how to add STANDARD text at the end of a webpage - apache

Post by p.. » Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi

        is there a way to add a stard text (html code) to the end of a
parsed (to-be parsed) page, without using <'-- put the html here--> in
your html.

        Its similiar to what xoom or virtualave is doing ... generate
a piece of code after EACH webcontent thats is being called  & send

thanks

Post by David Efflan » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi

>    is there a way to add a stard text (html code) to the end of a
>parsed (to-be parsed) page, without using <'-- put the html here--> in
>your html.

>    Its similiar to what xoom or virtualave is doing ... generate
>a piece of code after EACH webcontent thats is being called  & send

Take a look at the 'Action' directive at http://www.apache.org/
It can call a CGI for any set request and it is up to the CGI to send the
massaged page.  For example the following in server conf or .htaccess
would call myfooter.cgi for any html request:

Action text/html /cgi-bin/myfooter.cgi

This script should open the file ($ENV{PATH_TRANSLATED} in Perl) and print
it, inserting whatever you want as a footer before the closing </body> tag
or eof.  The URL displayed in the browser would remain the URL of the
request, not the Action script.  Local links or images in the insert may
need to be corrected relative to PATH_INFO.

http://thunder.prohosting.com/~cv-elgin/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. Append a formfeed character to the end of a text file without adding a new line?

I have a text file named abc.txt with the following content

<BOF>
export a = 1234
export b = 2345
<EOF>

I tried to append a formfeed character to the end of the text file without
adding a new line. That is, I wanted the following result

<BOF>
export a = 1234
export b = 2345^L
<EOF>

However, I can only achieve the following result with the command,      echo
'\014'>>abc.txt

<BOF>
export a = 1234
export b = 2345
^L
<EOF>

2. what is "BSS"?

3. How can I add text at end of a line ?

4. Mixing SUN Processors on Sparc 10 ???

5. Add a column of text in a text document

6. 100 mbps NIC cards in ISA

7. Can't paste the webpage text (in Mozilla) to OpenOffice.org

8. Configuring Wharf in AfterStep

9. LCSDNYR 2001 -> standards, standards, standards

10. apache restart:webpages don't load

11. RH 7.2 - how to get webpages to be served properly, using Apache

12. can apache support remote editing of webpages?

13. * Apache: Webpages with Frames NOT Working? *