LocalNet eth0 ..Problem

Post by Trong Truong Nguye » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

I have installed Linux slackware 2.0.27 (by CD-ROM)

I have a problem for Configuration Network
The system doesn't know my eth0 (first device of my Ethernet Card NE200)

When I type    ifconfig     ,  there only know the interface   lo
(loopback),
but not for eth0.
And   the commands    netstat   &   route      give    only   Interface
loopback (lo)

Anybody could tell me where the problem is and how can I resolve ?

Thank you,

Trong Nguyen

LocalNet eth0 ..Problem

Post by Dave » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

Throng;
        You need to setup information about your network IP's using ifconfig
and route. Rather than get into alot of details I recommend you read the
ethernet and NET3 HOWTO's. These will tell you how to setup your
network.

> Hi everyone,

> I have installed Linux slackware 2.0.27 (by CD-ROM)

> I have a problem for Configuration Network
> The system doesn't know my eth0 (first device of my Ethernet Card
> NE200)

> When I type    ifconfig     ,  there only know the interface   lo
> (loopback),
> but not for eth0.
> And   the commands    netstat   &   route      give    only
> Interface loopback (lo)

> Anybody could tell me where the problem is and how can I resolve ?

> Thank you,

> Trong Nguyen

1. port forwarding + Masq. (localnet to localnet).

Hello,
I got a few questions.

Is there a way to get ipchains masq. to kick in before
ipmasqadm portfw  ??

What is the difference between ipmasqadm portfw and
ipmasqadm fwd ?
I know the second you need to mark the packets as
they come in, but what are the advantages and
disadvantages between them ?

Thanks for any help.
Jim,

2. Security hole in NFS???

3. Dialup localnet problems (checked nsswitch.conf)

4. It's Here! Xconfig: Diamond SpeedStar Pro 1 meg VLB

5. Mail through TIA on linux localnet

6. Problems with Notebook and PCMCIA Ethernet Lanpro EP4000A card

7. cant ping localnet when my win98 box logs internet

8. HELP: Installing Linux from a USB CD-ROM (bootable!)

9. Masquerading and internet port => localnet port ?

10. Why "localnet" is used in /etc/networks ?

11. LocalNet & PPP : Together

12. NEED HELP connecting localnet to internet

13. Linux localnet/Internet routing