Appletalk. A simple question.

Post by Pablo Costa Bendich » Mon, 17 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi there

I would like to know if Linux has support for Appletalk networking.

Pablo Costa Bendicho

Appletalk. A simple question.

Post by Miguel Cru » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to know if Linux has support for Appletalk networking.

Yes. Almost all Linux distributions come with Appletalk support in the
kernel or as a loadable module.

As for Appletalk services, Netatalk (free) allows you to run AFP
(AppleShare) server and emulate AppleTalk printers.

There is also client support for printing (but not for file service, so your
linux box can not log onto a remote AppleShare server as a client).

miguel

Post by Michael Land Morg » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>>I would like to know if Linux has support for Appletalk networking.
>There is also client support for printing (but not for file service, so your
>linux box can not log onto a remote AppleShare server as a client).

There is another piece of software called afpfs for mounting file shares
from an AppleShare server.  Its web page is located at
http://www.odyssey.co.il/~heksterb/Software/afpfs/.

Michael
--
Michael Land Morgan

http://MLMorgan.home.ml.org

1. A simple question deserving a simple answer

: What does Unix (Specifically Linux) look like?

A bunch of ones and zeros ;-)

: Is it like Dos? Windows?

No, thank God.

: Something else?

Yes.

There's a simple answer...

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting
    Tag And Document Consulting            Perl programming

2. Linux Journal Information

3. a simple sed question ( there all simple :> )

4. Boot-diskette???? Please help

5. Simple question from simple user

6. Kernel panic in 1.3.45 (CM206 &

7. Simple FTP question (very simple)

8. FreeBSD compatibility with Compaq ProLiant

9. simple question about simple code

10. Simple question for us simple minded.

11. Simple question - simple answer?

12. Appletalk routing questions

13. atalkd Appletalk router question.