tcpdump packet matcher broken

Post by Lars Hofhans » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

recently I installed tcpdump-3.02.

I use it spy my ppp0 link. However the packet
matching code doesn't seem to work.

Regardless of what I tell the matcher packets
are ONLY matched, when I leave the commandline
empty (except -i ppp0 of course).

Is it because tcpdump was originally design
for ethernet ?!

        Lars

1. tcpdump and putting back packets into the cable

Hello

If I want to store received packets in file, using tcpdump I can use the
example command:
root# tcpdump -w packets.bin
all received packets will be stored in packets.bin file

and my question is:
do You know any tool which will generate packets stored in packets.bin
file, BACK INTO THE CABLE

greetings
maciej

2. show thread status ?

3. TCPDump stops after several hundred packets

4. Jove

5. errors with Berkeley Packet Filter when running tcpdump

6. Looking for driver for 3D Blaster Annihilator 2

7. tcpdump 3.0, no packet data ?

8. Hardware

9. WINDump and TCPDump IP-level Packet Delay Postprocessing

10. tcpdump question: what do 'sap' and 'moprc' packets mean ?

11. Packet sniffer, Solaris snoop, tcpdump

12. Why can tcpdump not capture all packets

13. Tcpdump packet loss