Charge?

Post by Zachary Morvi » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I am about to make an offer to a company who has give me the following
critieria.  This is the first time that I have done a consulting job like
this.  What do you think that I should charge for it???

***This is what they want:
1.  IP Address sharing for some, but not all of the workstations here in the
office.
2.  Logs traffic in and out.
3.  Helps to prevent unauthorized access of our internal office servers and
workstations.

The solution must be a free software solution using LINUX and a 486 PC with
one or two ISA or PCI network cards.

***End

Charge?

Post by Eugen » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

can't answer that, but my company paid $2200 to a guy for setting up the
firewall.

> Hello,
> I am about to make an offer to a company who has give me the following
> critieria.  This is the first time that I have done a consulting job like
> this.  What do you think that I should charge for it???

> ***This is what they want:
> 1.  IP Address sharing for some, but not all of the workstations here in the
> office.
> 2.  Logs traffic in and out.
> 3.  Helps to prevent unauthorized access of our internal office servers and
> workstations.

> The solution must be a free software solution using LINUX and a 486 PC with
> one or two ISA or PCI network cards.

> ***End

> Thanks,

1. charging for resources

Our organization is considering utilitizing a charge-back system for
computing resources; that is, actually debiting department budgets for
CPU, disk and printer usage.

Our UNIX accounting does an adequate job of determining how much resource
a given user has consumed.  My question: what are reasonable dollars-and-
cents figures to start with for disk, CPU and printer usage?

Comments, anecdotes invited.  Thanks...

World Vision U.S.               ___|___         elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!wvus!pete
919 W. Huntington Dr.              |            Voice: 818.357.1111 x3347
Monrovia, CA  91016                |            FAX:   818.303.6212

2. How to read CVS repository?

3. Will Redhat Charge for software

4. PCWEEK Letters-Editor says Linux rules

5. Compaq charges for any tech support (what is wrong with them)

6. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (2/7) [Frequent posting]

7. I thought Linux was always available free of charge?

8. Multiple IP addresses

9. Charging for up2date?

10. Lucent Technologies Solves Internet Per Minute Charge Crisis!?

11. Compaq charges for any tech support (what is wrong with them)

12. Internet Charging + FREE Software

13. FCC to boost ISDN charges