P^3

Post by Manuel Moren » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

I am having a bit of a problem here. It turns out that I have Yggdrasils's "Plug and
Play Linux" but for some reason I cannot yet understand I have not been able to use
PPP. I have installed that module several times. I have reconfigured the kernel, and
nothing. When I try to load PPPD I get a message that reads something like: "PPP is
not installed" or "cannot run PPP".

Can any of you who are familiar with the Yggdrasil's distribution kit lend me a hand
with this? I appreciate any help in advance.

Thankx.
Manuel

--
+==========================================================================+

+-------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
|      "The views expressed above are not those of SRI International"      |
+===========================================+==============================+

P^3

Post by Ron McOu » Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>I am having a bit of a problem here. It turns out that I have Yggdrasils's "Plug and
>Play Linux" but for some reason I cannot yet understand I have not been able to use
>PPP. I have installed that module several times. I have reconfigured the kernel, and
>nothing. When I try to load PPPD I get a message that reads something like: "PPP is
>not installed" or "cannot run PPP".
>Thankx.
>Manuel

There is a PPP kernel module as well which must be installed by
building a new kernel.  The README file at /usr/src/linux is a start.

1. How do I print PS with non-PS printer ?

        Hi everybody...

        Here's my problem : I bought an Epson Stylus 820 and I don't know
how to convince it to print Postscript in Linux ....

        Here's what I did:
I compiled a new kernel with printer support. Finally lpr works ( it didn't
at first because it needed some directories ) , but all I get is plain ascii.

        Do I need to edit /etc/printcap for this? I mean lpr can be
instructed to print Postscript on non-Postscript printers?

                Please help me ....

                                                        Dan

2. Apache: undoing a require

3. PS/2 Mouse vs PS/2 Keyboard woes

4. camera for linux-based notebook?

5. Wide "ps" listings using /bin/ps??

6. WD90C31 dot clock probe gives bad results

7. ps ea vs ps -ef

8. Status of >2GB files in ia86 Linux?

9. How to get ps info from C program without using ps command

10. proc ps vs 'normal' ps

11. PS/2 Mouse vs PS/2 Keyboard woes

12. new PS/2-port and new PS/2-mouse doesn't work

13. Odd behavior, /usr/bin/ps vs. /usr/ucb/ps