Best way to determine web server performance?

Best way to determine web server performance?

Post by tal » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:00:02

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a web server up and running for a small time
operation that will hopefully get to be a lot bigger in the future.
I'm curious how most people determine how well the linux box is
running from a performance point of view?  Could someone point me in
the direction of some good reading material or give me a summary of
what to look for?

My server will be running a combination of apache, php, and mysql.
How can I tell if the box is being over burdened before people at the
site really start to notice problems?

-- tale