turning "autoneg" of EN2000 OFF in RH 4.1

turning "autoneg" of EN2000 OFF in RH 4.1

Post by Azfar Kazm » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

After introduction of a 3Com switch 800 into my LAN of some 85 clients
has slowed down transfer rate to and from my Redhat 4.1 proxy/mail
server. It has dropped from some 100kbps to 15kbps!

I am told that turning the "autoneg" off of network interface card will
solve the problem. I need to know how do I do that in Linux?

Thanks in advance.

--
Azfar Kazmi

PS: I don't have MS-DOS driver of this card - lost somewhere.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/