Need help on setup network with only one IP ...

Need help on setup network with only one IP ...

Post by Derek Kwa » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello world...

 I have a valid static IP address from my ISP. However I would like to
connect both my Linux and Windows95 box to the internet at the sametime
Here are my settings so far...

Windows95 Box         Linux Box            ISP
(via Ethernet)        (via Ethernet)
192.168.129.1 <-----> 192.168.129.2
                      (via CSLIP)
                      198.53.161.42 <----> whatever...

What software do I need on the Linux box (and how to set it up) in order
to route my Windows95 Box to the Net? Is that true one way of doing it
is actually setup the Linux box as a firewall?

Please e-mail me at:-

or

Many Thanks!

Derek Kwan

1. internet connection sharing or one network using one ip

Hey,

   I was just wondering if it's possible to have internet connection sharing
for 3 486 boxes running freebsd 4.3 and a 2 GhZ box running win98 or win2k.
I know that there's a few applications out there that does internet
connection sharing, but they only work with windows platforms and not unix.
Are there any that works with both win and *nix platforms? or another method
to share an internet connection between a bunch of computers?

Rey

.:: digitalFoundry.ca         _web design | new media_

2. read()

3. Cant connect to one IP in network, but can every other one

4. Detecting library load and unload in a C UNIX process?

5. Need 2 IP addresses on one Linux Box one /etc/services

6. Tar, rmt, and rsh????

7. Static IP network setup with a dynamic dial-up IP from ISP

8. Console output?

9. subdomains/one IP/local network basic networking question

10. help needed on setup and runing SunOS/Solaris on one machine

11. Help: How to setup multiple IP addresses for a network interface?

12. Help needed for dynamic IP setup